From the blog

Agreement To End Tenancy Early Ontario

Hello Michael, that`s with regard to Part 6, section 95.Je`m in 1. Month (just launched) of my one-year fixed lease and due to family help needs to be downgraded more diverse other reasons I decided to end the tenacity. I spoke to my owner about the whole situation, but the owner said that the agreement is for 1 year and that I am responsible. I asked that I “assign” this lease, but the landlord refused this offer and said she would like to do it herself. After this conversation owner suggested and gave me forms where the tenants ask to terminate the lease.that I deposited with a certified bank project of a few hundred dollars and handed over to the owners of the building. The next day, I sent an e-mail of what we discussed, that is, the owner is not konscent/agree to “assign” the unit and that the management of the buildings will be the one who will decide who as a new tenant. I have yet to reply to this email (note pleaae, I exchange emails with the owners at the beginning, when I was looking for rent)P.Sthe owner told me that I will pay for October and last month the rent will go in November. All after, if they are not able to fill, again, I will be responsible. Please note that I will leave this place, as by notification at the end of October. Please tell me what steps I need to take to ensure that this agreement will be null and void. Please note that I have a serious family problem for which I have to support them or that they are in great danger. ThanksSu Chris: I would not serve as an N9 now, but I would inform the owner in writing that your daughter will not take possession of the unit.

There is no legal deadline for serving an N9 – you could do it now. The RTA has an interesting provision regarding the application of a declaration of unduly served termination for the first legal date (from the point of view of calculating the rental liability). If you now complete an N9 with a termination date for the end of the term, you also indicate that you intend to maintain the lease until that date. It is simply better to inform the owner that you are not taking possession or that you are providing an N9 with an up-to-date date. My inclination is the first. This will give the roommates the opportunity to find someone else, and he will not pretend to end their rent. If nothing really happens — to the other. The Colocs will not find a replacement lease, and your daughter will not be removed from the lease and will then visit again the concept of service to the N9.

Michael K. E. Thiele Try to get legal advice before undressing for any of these reasons. It is usually best to apply first to the landlord and tenant council, unless the conditions are so bad that you have to leave immediately. Try to take pictures or collect other evidence before you leave or before your hearing in the room. For more information on the board`s application, please see the landlord`s application and the rental fee for the termination of your lease. Hello, I`m only three months into my one-year lease. I`m very unhappy and uncomfortable. I posted and found someone willing to accept my lease. I asked the landlord for permission to grant my lease, and they absolutely did not say and that I was in a binding agreement. I have some readings on the website of the Council of The Order and the Council of Supporters and I think I can now give you an N9 form with 30 days` notice, because they are not ready to meet the person who wants to accept my lease. Am I right? What`s next? Do I have to go to the bedroom to prove my case? In the meantime, if I move, will I be responsible for the next few months of rent? Hello:If you have a written rental agreement, it must contain the owner`s contact information and indicate a method of communication with the owner.